Youth Services & SLP 2023 Workshop
Registration Closed - please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance
9:30 - 10am — check in, light refreshments
10:10 - 11:15am — Keynote presentation by Building for Kids
- Briefly learn about the museum's philosophy and the types of activities offered. Museum staff will lead participants through a maker challenge that they will be able to complete in groups at their tables. Bring your questions about community partnerships and creative and inclusive family programming!
11:15am-11:45am - tours and free time to explore Building for Kids
11:45-12:30pm — lunch and Table Topics Discussions
Catered buffet at no cost to you (vegetarian, vegan, and allergy-sensitive options provided upon request), or bring your own.
12:40-3:30pm — three 45-minute breakout sessions. Choose from two engaging topics each session.
- All Together Now - bringing the theme to life
- Serving Youth and Teens With Autism: Inclusive Spaces and Programs
- Outdoor Programming and Partnerships
- Tons of Fun for Teens - themed and general program ideas
- Crowd Pleasing Programs Without Big Bucks
- Back to Basics: Tools to bring early literacy skills into programs and support caregivers as a child’s first teacher
3:30-4pm -- Get your ideas on paper before they're gone! Work independently or with others to start putting ideas into action!
This workshop is sponsored by the Northeastern Wisconsin (NEWI) continuing education partnership – Manitowoc-Calumet Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, Outagamie-Waupaca Library System, and Winnefox Library System.
Continuing education contact hours for the full day: 6
NEWI will reimburse member library staff for mileage to this event.
Contact Angela Schneider at email@example.com if you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have any questions.