Small teams from Wisconsin public libraries and systems are invited to apply for the Compassion Resilience Facilitator Training.
• Facilitator training prepares you to bring the Compassion Resilience Toolkit resources to your colleagues.
• Small teams ideally include one leader and 1-3 people who will facilitate with staff.
• Your team will learn how to implement the toolkit in ways that match the realities of your library’s current organizational commitments and goals.
The Compassion Resilience Facilitator Training is free, and space is limited.
• Click here to apply—ONE APPLICATION FORM PER TEAM
• Deadline for teams to apply: 4pm on Friday, December 18, 2020
• Applicants will be notified in early January 2021.
Dates of the Compassion Resilience Facilitator Training (4 part series):
1. Wednesday, January 20 from 9:00am-12:00pm
2. Thursday, January 21 from 9:00am-12:00pm
3. Monday, February 8 from 9:00am-12:00pm
4. Wednesday, February 10 from 9:00am-12:00pm
All four sessions are required and will not be recorded.
To learn more, watch the Fill Up Your Fuel Tank With Compassion Resilience overview webinar recording.
The staff at Appleton Public Library started using the toolkit in 2019. Assistant Director Tasha Saecker reports, “The toolkit will change how you approach public library service by giving you a common language to better care for yourself, your coworkers, and your community.”
This training is conducted by Rogers InHealth and brought to you by the Department of Public Instruction using LSTA funding from IMLS.
For questions about this information, contact Tessa Michaelson Schmidt.