You & your library's trustees are invited to attend any or all 5 of these webinars during Wisconsin Trustee Training Week, August 24 – 28, 2020. All presentations start at noon, and last 60 minutes. The webinars will be recorded.
- Core Values of Librarianship, Mon. Aug. 24
- Recruiting and Engaging Friends and Trustees Under Age 40, Tue. Aug. 25
- Public Library System Redesign (PLSR) Implementation Update, Wed. Aug. 26
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion: What Library Trustees Need to Know, Thu. Aug. 27
- Walk the Line: How Trustees Can Best Lead Their Libraries Without Overstepping Their Authority, Fri. Aug. 28
All library staff, board trustees, volunteers, and Friends group members are welcome to participate. There is no charge. All of the webinars are eligible as continuing education contact hours (1 per webinar) toward public library director recertification.
To participate, all you need is...
for the visual, either...
- an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
- an iOS, Android or Windows device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
for the audio, either...
- earbuds, headphones, or speakers connected to your device, or
- use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
If you're not able to attend live, the webinars will be recorded.
The Wisconsin Trustee Training Week series Trustee Training Week is supported by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Public Library Development Team, with funding support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.