The NEWI Youth Services & SLP 2019 Workshop was held on February 21 and 22 at the EAA Aviation Museum in Oshkosh and the Kress Family Branch of Brown County Library in De Pere.
Summer in the Library: 21st Century Style!
- Michael Jordan "Failure" commercial video
- Summer Learning Loss video
- 6,000 Hour Learning Gap video
- Summer Matters: Making All Learning Count by Elizabeth M. McChesney and Bryan W. Wunar
- contact Elizabeth McChesney, Director of System Wide Children’s Services & Family Engagement for Chicago Public Library firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact Sue Abrahamson, Children’s Librarian, Waupaca Area Public Library email@example.com
For Whom Library Use is Difficult, Limited, or Minimized
- contact Elizabeth M. Timmins, Library Director & Programmer, Muehl Public Library, Seymour firstname.lastname@example.org
STEAM Activities on Space and Topics You can Use All Year Round
- Three Adaptable Literacy and STEAM Program Ideas slides
- Mars and Jupiter slides
- contact Marie Boleman, Head of Children's and Family Outreach Services, Oshkosh Public Library email@example.com
Taking Your Summer Reading Program on the Road and Bringing the Outside In
- slides / handout
- contact Lara Lakari, Marinette County Libraries/Stephenson Public Library firstname.lastname@example.org
WIT4Girls - A Program to Inspire Young Women with Technology
- contact Maggie Mueller, Teen Services Librarian, Oshkosh Public Library email@example.com
Continuing education activity report form (6 contact hours):
This workshop was sponsored by the Northeastern Wisconsin (NEWI) continuing education partnership – Manitowoc-Calumet Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, Outagamie-Waupaca Library System, and Winnefox Library System.